changed my life!@

agelessdaughter:

My #newtoWHO story
I first heard of Doctor Who when I took up an elective on Science Fiction Writing four years ago. A classmate just couldn’t shut up about it. To be honest, that classmate’s over-enthusiasm made me wary of the show. I avoided Doctor Who at all costs.
But one can’t always run away from one’s own destiny, and I was destined to be a Whovian after all.
I found a friend through Tumblr who, for once, didn’t live in Narnia. We met up and she lent me her Doctor Who DVDs. She told me to just try watching the show (You’ll like it. You like sci-fi stuff, right?). I didn’t want to disappoint her, so watch the show I did.
The first episode I’ve ever watched is Rose; my first Doctor is Nine. After I saw the earth get swallowed by the sun 300 billion years into the future, the enormity of my smallness hit me. I thought, “THIS SHOW.” 
I finished all her DVDs in a week and a half. After that, I was able to catch up with the series (Season 5). I’ve never since let go.Just recently, I’ve started watching Classic Who with another friend whom I’ve influenced into becoming a Doctor Who fan (yay!).
People in real life think I’m weirder now. No surprises there, since I’ve become the over-enthusiastic person I once regarded with suspicion. I have no regrets.
P.S. If you squint, you’ll see the ‘after WHO’ person is wearing a ‘The angels have the phone box’ shirt.  For the record, Blink is my favorite episode and I really do have that sentence printed on a t-shirt. X


visit my other blog

AWEsome!!!!!<--- dont click this

No comments: